The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Waypoints

Any question about the app? Ask it here
keveaves

[done] Waypoints

Post by keveaves »

Hi,

Firstly, a great app that I have been using for 6 months now on my Desire HD and it has been great.

I use Alpinequest for Geocaching and load a GPX file with caches as waypoints.

I like the idea of showing the waypoints without having to focus but in previous versions I was able to focus on closest waypoint. This allowed me to view the gpx details of the cache. I can not find how this can be achieved in the latest version.

As I have around 2000 waypoints loaded it is not possible to search through the waypoints to locate a particular waypoint to read the details.

Is it possible that the waypoints could be organised by distance from current location in the view waypoints screen or the focus on nearest waypoint be returned to the map screen.

Many Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Waypoints

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your positive feedback!

I'm not sure if you can still do it in version 1.2.6, however I have released version 1.2.7 yesterday (will be available in few days on the market), and this version has a brand new Displayed and focused landmarks manager.

This new manager will allow you to list all displayed and focused items, to clear them, to move to them, to focus/un-focus them, so I think you will be able again to do it ("Closest" automatic focus available for all waypoints list).

If this new version doesn't exactly fit your needs, please let me know because you are using the application in a clever way.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
keveaves

Re: Waypoints

Post by keveaves »

Many thanks for the improvements to another great version. :D :D

The requested functionality has been achieved and it is now again possible to automatically focus on the closest waypoint within a large gpx file.

Many Thanks.