The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Suggestions for Waypoints & display of Routes and Tracks

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Wulfenia

[closed] Suggestions for Waypoints & display of Routes and Tracks

Post by Wulfenia »

Many thanks for AlpineQuest - a marvellous app which I enjoy using and wouldn’t be without.

No problems with creating Tracks and managing Maps. Though it’s very worrying that the current version of Mobile Atlas Creator has had to remove most of its maps (v 1.8 still has most of the maps in working order, as you say – but for how long?).

But I do have some problems with Waypoints, and when displaying Routes and Tracks which I’ve created earlier:

Waypoint problems:
1. It seems that one Waypoint must always be focussed. But I’d usually like to display Waypoints without any of them being focussed. Could you provide an option for that? (If I select ‘Clear Focus’, all the Waypoints disappear.)
2. Waypoints which I’ve named are often displayed without their names. The one that’s focussed always has its name, the ones that aren’t focussed sometimes have their names and sometimes don’t. I’m confused. Couldn’t all named Waypoints always be displayed with their names?
3. Waypoint names appear (on my Dell Streak, anyway) in a rather small font - even after selecting ‘Very big’ in ‘On-map text size’. Could you add a ‘Very very big’ category? (The ‘Very small’ category = almost invisible.)

Problems with displaying Routes and Tracks:
When displaying a Route or Track which I’ve created earlier, one of the waypoints of the Route or Track is always focussed. But I would usually want to display the Route or Track without any focus – for instance, when simultaneously recording a new Track. Could you make this possible? (If I select ‘Clear Focus’, the Route/Track disappears along with the focus.)

Incidentally, when I first create a Route, the last waypoint on the Route remains focussed. If I then select ‘Clear Focus’, the focus disappears - but in this case the Route does not also disappear. At last, displayed as I want! The Route will disappear when I tap the Close/Save button. But when I re-open this Route, it behaves differently (and in what is currently the normal way, with a focus): selecting ‘Clear Focus’ now makes the Route and the focus disappear.

I find creating a Route very useful – to get a rough idea of how long a walk might be, and to display as a useful guide while recording a Track. And I can see the point of Waypoints (when their name is visible, anyway). Less sure about the point of Multiple waypoints, which cannot be named.

Anyway, very many thanks again for the hours of really useful entertainment.
Wulfenia

Re: Suggestions for Waypoints & display of Routes and Tracks

Post by Wulfenia »

Apologies - a follow-up. I was wrong about Waypoint problem No 2: if in Settings I select 'All waypoint names', then all the waypoint names are indeed displayed.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for this feedback.
A lot of users are asking the ability to display landmarks without focusing them, right now this is not possible.
I will re-think landmarks selection/display in version 1.2.5 and will add this feature.
Version 1.2.4 is nearly ready but I can add a 'Very very big' text size right now (I think this is related to the Streak, cause on my Desire, the big size is really big!).
And for the waypoint names, you've found the right setting!
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Version 1.2.6 is now available on the market.
You can now:
- display landmarks without focusing them;
- display any number of landmarks at the same time.
Best regards
Wulfenia

Post by Wulfenia »

Many thanks for the recent batch of upgrades. Lots of improvements, and at a remarkable pace (6 upgrades in the last 3 months). Can I keep on keeping up with you? But it’s certainly worth the effort… The un-zoom feature (v1.2.5) is clever and very useful. That landmarks can be opened without a focus attached (v1.2.6) is much appreciated, along with the option to attach a focus – when you want one – at any point. The ‘Very very big’ font for Waymark names (v1.2.4) is exactly the right size for my Dell Streak.

All in all, thank you so much for creating and developing AlpineQuest - and for keeping my brain exercised. With very best wishes.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, that's a real pleasure to see that AlpienQuest can help, and it gives the motivation to keep on the effort.
Next version will come with nice new features (displayed landmarks manager, map layers manager, and more). Hope you will like it.
Thanks again and best regards