The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Installing waypoints from a gpx file

Any question about the app? Ask it here
just2bruce

[closed] Installing waypoints from a gpx file

Post by just2bruce »

i downloaded full ver 1.2 on android, installed my map, but cannot install my waypoints, which i have in a gpx file, which is attached.
i put the attached gpx file in the landmarks folder, it is there, but the waypoints in it do not appear in the list of waypoints accessible from the menu.
also, some waypoints i entered on the android are visible one at a time, but not all together on the map.
finally, those waypoints i entered on the phone do not seem to be located in the landmarks folder. where are they?
any answers to these questions will be appreciated as i am off soon to hike the appalachian trail using alpinequest offline maps.
i did get my offline map to display, that was easy, using mobac to create the alpinequest map file.
thanks for a clever app.
Attachments
Appalachian Trail Waypoints 2011-2.gpx
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Installing waypoints from a gpx file

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi!
I think there is a mismatch between the folder of AlpineQuest landmarks and the one you used to store or retrieve your files.
What is weird is that you successfully made the maps worked so your maps files are well located.
AlpineQuest uses the folder 'alpinequest/landmarks' of the external SD card for the landmarks (just next to the 'maps' folder), you can check the full path from the landmarks explorer in AlpineQuest (top line in yellow). You can also tell me what phone you are using so I can check if there is something special concerning the SD card handling (Samsung and Archos devices have a lot of specificities).
I downloaded your file with my phone, moved it to '/sdcard/alpinequest/landmarks/' with a file manager, and correctly displayed all waypoints on the map at the same time.
To get more than one waypoint on the map, you need to create them in the same file (just like your GPX file). You can create them using 'Create Landmarks' -> 'Multiple Waypoints'.
I hope you will enjoy your hike, this trail is on my todo list! (I'm going to hike the west coast trail in 2 weeks).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !