The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Suggestion: Display of height difference / inclination

Any question about the app? Ask it here

[done] Suggestion: Display of height difference / inclination

Post by Guest »

I'm using the app for mountaineering. Height differences are more important than distances here. Hence I would appreciate if the height difference could be added to the distance information at the cursor.

Also nice would be the average inclination from current position to the cursor. This often is interesting especially for skiing/skitouring.

Excellent would be a tool which could give all those information between two free points to be clicked independently from current location.

I have several open andro maps offline on my SD-Card. Would be nice if I could open those in alpine quest.

Nevertheless I like the app very much and it is my standard-app since few weeks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Display of height difference / inclination

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback and support.

In fact you'll be able to find almost all information you need in the current version, however I agree it's a bit sparse.
I'll improve next version so the all the information can be found more easily.

In all cases, you need the elevations feature activated: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/elevations

Difference of elevation: you can over any location, click on the screen center, select "Set as target", and move the screen center over another location. The height difference between both points (if both elevations are known) is given in a top/left white information box along with distance and bearing.

Average inclination between 2 points: tap the map center, choose "Create a landmark" and select "Slope". add 2 points or more, the slope between all points is displayed on the map.

For your open andro maps, you won't be able to use them unless you convert them in a known format: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... sed-select

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
walter.z

Post by walter.z »

Thank you for your reply. I have the DEM slope layer installed already and really like it! I appreciate both of your solutions, both work well. Good for planning. For the short check on tour I would prefer to have the information directly at the cursor (where at the moment the distance is
shown). But this is just a small wish, I really like the app as it is. I will leave a comment on google play.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback.
Here is another tip: tap the screen center icon, then "Tools" then "Information". From here you can get the the spot incline value along with its direction at any location.

Best regards
walter.z

Post by walter.z »

This feature does not work. When I choose "tools" and "information", the center of the screen gets not any marking nor it is recognized for slope and direction. But I see that any summit I zoom to will be used to show slope and direction. I do not have to choose information again. As long as the "information"-window is open, the nearest summit seems to be taken as center automatically. Ignoring where the center was when clicking it and choosing "tools" and "information".
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The "information side view" displayed when you choose "tools" > "information" gives (should give) you details at the screen center location (the middle of the screen dot). It's updated when you move the map.