The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Geolocation stops when returning to Alpinequest

Something wrong? Report it here
twoten

[closed] Geolocation stops when returning to Alpinequest

Post by twoten »

I have been playing with Alpinequest v1.0.8 and have found a problem.

If you are tracking a route and go to the home screen, returning to Alpinequest via the shortcut following holding down the home button works OK but if you select any of the normal shortcuts it restarts, the tracking appears to continue but going back to the home screen shows the geolocation has been disabled.

Is it possible to go back into the app without restarting regardless of how you go back to it?

It would be useful to have an exit button in the menu should you want to close the app but give a warning if you are tracking?
Samsung Galaxy S4
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Geolocation stops when returning to Alpinequest

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I didn't reproducted your behavior. Here is my test case:
- Started to record a track (I set up 1fix/sec to get the GPS status icon mostly shown). The GPS started.
- Pressed the Home button of the phone. Back to the Android home screen, the gps was still activated, with the AlpineQuest icon in the status bar.
- Clicked on the AlpineQuest home screen icon. The app went in foreground, with the geolocation tab opened.
- Pressed the Menu button to display the Android status bar. The GPS icon shown that the GPS was still activated.

I deactivated the setting "Auto geolocation", and made again:
- Started to record a track (I set up 1fix/sec to get the GPS status icon mostly shown). The GPS started.
- Closed the GPS tab and the record tab. Pressed the Menu button to check that the GPS was still activated.
- Pressed the Home button of the phone. Back to the Android home screen, the gps was still activated, with the AlpineQuest icon in the status bar.
- Clicked on the AlpineQuest home screen icon. The app went in foreground, with the geolocation tab opened.
- Pressed the Menu button to display the Android status bar. The GPS icon shown that the GPS was still activated.
The only noticeable thing is that when I came back to AlpineQuest, the Geolocation tab was again opened.

I stopped the track recording:
- Pressed the Home button of the phone. Back to the Android home screen, the gps was deactivated, with no AlpineQuest icon in the status bar.
- Pressed the Menu button to display the Android status bar. The GPS icon shown that the GPS was again activated.
Is it possible to go back into the app without restarting regardless of how you go back to it?
That how it worked in my test case. Could you provide a way to reproduce your behavior ?
It would be useful to have an exit button in the menu should you want to close the app but give a warning if you are tracking?
That's also how it already works. The exit button is the phone's return button. If you're recording a track, a message ask you to confirm the exit.
This is to be android complient: the Home button sends the application in background, the return button closes the application.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
twoten

Post by twoten »

Thanks AlpineQuest,

This is odd, I have tried to reproduce the problem and it seems to be working OK.

Only difference is it was after recording a track for a few hours and the app was starting to behave erratically, grinding to a halt when saving the track.

When I first upgraded to V1.08 I installed over the original app, since then I have uninstall and completed a fresh install, would this have made any difference?

Regarding the exit button, I used the return button quite a lot to return from different screens and hadn't realised you can use it to exit the app from the map screen. Now I will use it to exit as well :)
Samsung Galaxy S4
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

OK fine.
For the full re-install, it could have an impact on the "Auto toggle geolocation" setting.
I'll have a look at the track recording perfs.
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !