The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Editing a Recorded Track?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
VaTrailRider

[closed] Editing a Recorded Track?

Post by VaTrailRider »

Hello,

I recently was exploring an area and was tracking our route We wondered down a wrong way, backtracked, found a better way and continued on. I would like to use this track again as a guide later, however, I'd rather not have the small section we decided we didn't like and don't want to use, on this map, nor have it there if I print it out. The recorded track now has a "stick" poking out from the loop. Is it possible to remove or move an unwanted section of track after it has been saved?
ds47uk

Re: Editing a Recorded Track?

Post by ds47uk »

If you have access to a Windows PC, then, in my opinion, by far the easiest way to do this sort of thing is to save it as a GPX file and manipulate it in Windows using something like the free "GPS Track Editor" and then ship it back to your tablet/phone.

Others may have different views!!

regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Editing a Recorded Track?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

You can also split parts of a track and delete some using the application as explained at the end of the help file: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/l ... raw_a_path.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !