The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Feature request: pick transparancy color

Any question about the app? Ask it here
marcv

[closed] Feature request: pick transparancy color

Post by marcv »

I don't know if this is possible. Anyway, it would be very useful to me to be able to pick a transparent color when making a favorite mapset.
In most situations this would be white.
Example: Load a map with contourlines or hillshading. Now, you have to do something with transparency, contrast of the complete layer, which is great, but it would be much easier to have white transparent. Or a background color of a map.
Also: you might load 2 adjacent maps that precisely cover a country. Many mapservers are sending white tiles for not covered area's.

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: pick transparancy color

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again and sorry again for the delay.
As far as I understand your request, you would like to be able to select a color, and clear it (make in transparent)?
It's true that some raster maps have white edges, so it would make sense to be able to remove them.
I'll try to make a test with a new aqx setting to see how it works and let you know...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've added an option to select a transparent color (range) from the AQX file and it works great.
It will be available in the next beta update. Sorry for the delay.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I've released a beta of AlpineQuest with this feature. You can get this version from Google Play as explained here.

You need to specify the RGB color (or color range) in the AQX file as explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/m ... ransparent. Let me know if you have any question.
marcv

Post by marcv »

Great! I'll try it out as soon as I find the time, I have a very useful idea for this.