The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Printing to paper sizes

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Hill5

[closed] Printing to paper sizes

Post by Hill5 »

I often print out sections of maps for the areas that I'm walking in as a backup, in case my phone GPS might die on me whilst on the hill. Unfortunately, the print map feature in AlpineQuest is incredibly limited for this, as it only generates an image file of the same dpi and resolution as the phone screen that it is being viewed on.

Would it be possible to add an option in the settings (or print map dialogue) that would enable the output map to be generated in a standard paper size (Inc print margins, etc) such as A4, A3, letter, legal, etc. and at a suitable dpi for printing? Even better if the information included in the margins of the output map could be toggled on/off by type.

Otherwise, this is in my opinion by far and away the best navigation app for android - Keep up the great work!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Printing to paper sizes

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It's true that the "print map" is very limited.
Note that you can still play with the "map display resolution" option in the application settings to control the image size, but it remains very simple.
I'll try to improve this feature, but right now I'm overwhelmed by report and requests for the new update, and I haven't found any simple solution for previewing a map different from the one displayed... But I'll try.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !