The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Notifications when off track

Any question about the app? Ask it here
buysilver@gmail.com

[closed] Notifications when off track

Post by buysilver@gmail.com »

I understand that you are looking into support for android wear smartwatches, which I think would be invaluable, but obviously the battery limitations would make any map displays pointless. However it would be extremely useful when following a track to simply have notifications when moving off track or reaching a proximity alert, with maybe distance off track, and arrows with heading data to point at direction to the waypoint or track. I was wondering if for the time being you could simply provide an option for an alert notification on the android phone notification bar, which would by default vibrate on our smartwatches and display a notification on the watch with simple text info re heading adjustment, distance from track etc? This way you wouldn't even need additional development for android wear.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Notifications when off track

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
I did not think about the notification idea.
Supporting smartwatches is still on my top list, it's really because I lack time (I have so much requests), but it will definitely be available in a way or another.
Here is another discussion about this, I'll give updates as soon as possible.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !