The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Drilling down into displayed landmark subfolders

Any question about the app? Ask it here
preast

[closed] Drilling down into displayed landmark subfolders

Post by preast »

The latest version seems to have lost the ability to drill into subfolders when viewing displayed landmarks. I had been creating KMLs with subfolders in GE and then in AQ would drill down into that KML to toggle whether that subfolder is displayed. It sort of uses subfolders like layers in a way. Now all I see is the top level landmark file (.ldk) but cannot expand it.

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Drilling down into displayed landmark subfolders

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It's true that things changed a little when displayed a whole file. In the previous version, all items in the files were listed independently (not following folders or any order, just listed), whereas now there is only one file entry.
I'll try to add the ability to list the file content and select the items to display or not. Right now, if you need to control their display independenly, you need to display them independently (and not use "Display content" on the file).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
preast

Post by preast »

This might be a little ironic in that I actually requested previously for items to show up under one folder like they are, but didn't anticipate that you wouldn't be able to expand it. If you added that, it would be awesome but I'm wondering if I can get around it by just putting everything in their own subfolders under the main KML folder, and then do like you say (display each folder separately).

Thanks!
preast

Post by preast »

OK, I tried it out and reorganized my KML items into a catch-all folder under the main KML folder, so no item is at the root KLM folder. Now I can still import the single KML file into a single folder and then just display/undisplay the subfolders as sets. Allowing the ability to drill down would be nice, but not a must-have if I just restructure my KMLs in GE a bit, which I probably should have done in the first place.

Thanks again.