The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Samsung multi window support

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Nick

[done] Samsung multi window support

Post by Nick »

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1411 ... pplication

It would be great if support for the popular multi window support found on many Samsung devices was added.
This would allow using the map while checking references, and if multi instance is also added then comparing 2 maps.
Nick

Re: Samsung multi window support

Post by Nick »

It just looks like a case of adding some metadata to the application manifest and the necessary application activities.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
AlpineQuest already supports Samsung's multi-window system (see screen shot on a S5), and OfflineMaps will in the next update.
However multi-instance and freestyle mode (for Samsung tablet) are not supported right now (it requires deeper changes).
Let me know if you have any issue,
Best regards
device-2014-10-10-125748.jpg
(47.88 KiB) Downloaded 3589 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Nick

Post by Nick »

It was support for multi window in All-In-One Offline Maps + I was particularly interested in, as I use this all the time on my Samsung phone. I'll watch out for it in a future release. Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok so it will be available in the next update, I hope under one week or two.
Best regards
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

AlpineQuest wrote:Ok so it will be available in the next update, I hope under one week or two.
Best regards
Multi-windows is brilliant on the 12.2" Note Pro, especially when AQ is paired with OSMAND+. The trick is that you have to open one of the apps in full screen first, then drag the other app from the side-bar on top of the first. This then creates the split screen. You can then save this split screen config back onto the side-bar for future use... this is a REALLY useful feature and a good reason for sticking with the stock Samsung ROM :-)

However, only some apps can be started directly from the side-bar and AQ is not one of them and neither is OSMAND+.

Is the "freestyle" mode that you referred to, the ability to start AQ directly from this side-bar?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi Yemble, yes, the "freestyle" mode allows apps to be resized inside the screen (ie not beeing always full-screen, like on a PC) and started from the multi-task side bar. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do that right now, the Samsung documentation is very light about how it works and right now I've only found pre-installed apps doing that...