The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Paths are displayed separately

Any question about the app? Ask it here
preast

[done] Paths are displayed separately

Post by preast »

Great app. Very nice aesthetics and functionality. If there's already a way to do what I'm about to describe, please let me know.

My issue is when you display the contents of a .kml, its paths become disassociated from the folder of waypoints in the main list of displayed landmarks. All the paths are listed at the root level, yet each folder from the .kml still contains its waypoints.

It would be helpful to have the option to keep all landmarks (including paths and subfolders with their hierarchy) from a single .kml together in some sort of group, and be able to display/expand/collapse the groups you want at any given time. Maybe a settings option to allow all .kml items to remain displayed as a logical unit. Further functionality might be to allow assignment of landmarks to a custom group but the default .kml option would be enough if you group by that already (which I do).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Paths are displayed separately

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback and suggestion.
Yes, once displayed, the content of any file is flattened.
You're right that it would be nice to keep the file structure, like it's done in Google Earth for example.
I won't be able to include this in the next update, but I'll try to work on this as soon as possible.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
preast

Re: Paths are displayed separately

Post by preast »

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, 'flattened' is the word I was searching for, and Google Earth is what I'm using to create the .kml. I'll be patient and wait for the update! Thanks.