The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Memory Maps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Bern

[done] Memory Maps

Post by Bern »

Hi

Is it possible that when the GPS position leaves the boundary of a map it automatically displays the adjacent map if available. This feature is used in MM and as I like AlpineQuest better I am missing this function ?

Or have I just not set up AlpineQuest to operate in this manner ?

Regards

Bern

PS How on earth did you get to use MMs proprietry map format without going to court ?

Great program, keep it up.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Memory Maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
This behavior has been present one time but has been removed due to many complaints about the automated switch.
Now, you can use the '+' or '-' zoom buttons to load another map available for the current area, this is not done automatically anymore.
Also, when you press and old a zoom button, if another map will be loaded then a preview is displayed over the map. To cancel the load, you can release the screen away from the button.
Let me know what you thing about that.
Concerning MM, no copyrighted materials have been used in AlpineQuest so it's ok.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Bern

Post by Bern »

Hi

Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to test the zoom buttons in a live situation but will comment when I have. As you say that many people disliked it, is there an opportunity of being able to switch the facility on and off as required ?

Regards

Bern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok let me know.
Concerning this feature, I'll have a look and try to make something better than the first time. And yes you're right I could also add a setting...

Post by Guest »

Sir

I have tried the zoom buttons but nothing appears to happen. Do I have to be at the actual location of overlapping maps or can I do it by scrolling to where 2 maps are overlapping. I am not explaining this very well, can I test it at home ?

Regards

Bern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

To select another map, you need:
- to browse the folder of your maps with AlpineQuest and select one of the maps (it's important to leave the explorer on the folder where all the maps are);
- move to an area not covered by the current map, but covered by another map present in the folder;
- then using the '+' or '-' button (depending on the map scales), the map covering the current area will be loaded automatically.
Let me know if you succeed.
Best regards
Bern

Post by Bern »

Sir

I have tried the method suggested with no luck ..... then I read your post properly!!!! You want me to press the +/- buttons, that is, the real buttons on the side of my device not the soft buttons +/- on the screen.

OK, it does work but it can be a little hit and miss and has to be zoomed in and out several times to switch maps. If you do come up with a different solution it would be a nice touch, however if it is awkward to do then at least it is easy enough to go to the Explorer screen and select the appropriate map.

Thanks for your help and time.

I think AQ is a fantastic product and at such a favourable price, please keep up the great work you are doing. I have now consigned my old Dell handheld running MM to the archive cupboard, although I still use MM on the PC for creating tracks etc as it is quicker. Now there's a project for you, a PC version of AQ !

Cheers

Bern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes I know it's not straightforward...
I'll try to improve this as soon as possible.
Concerning PC apps, I'm sure there are plenty of good ones already! (I mean don't wait for an AQ pc version ;) )
Best regards
Bern

Post by Bern »

Sir

I'm done here. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Bern