The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Following waypoint route bug

Something wrong? Report it here
Craggy

[closed] Following waypoint route bug

Post by Craggy »

When following a route made of waypoints it sometimes skips a waypoint meaning the navigation tells you to go in the completely different direction.

When this happens, there seems to be noting I can do to get this waypoint to 'lock on' even hovering above it will not select it.

I have taken a screen shot of this, but have nowhere to host it, so cant attach it.

This happened during an actual hike on the weekend and while testing in the past. (moving the 'cursor' around as if i was moving.) it simply refuses to select certain waypoints.

Havent looked into this much, so cant tell you what factors contribute to this bug.

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Following waypoint route bug

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
It can be normal for the auto select to skip some locations in particular conditions.
The time a next waypoint is selected in based on a distance threshold; as soon as the current target is closer than this distance, the next one is selected. However, if the following one is (or ones are) also within the threshold distance, they are skipped until it's fine.
To have an optimal behavior, you should follow tracks instead of routes, in order to have continuous locations all around the way (you can create manually create tracks with the app, and then follow them just like routes). The more locations you have on your track, the best it is.
Also, you can reduce the threshold distance (from the app settings) if you want.

Nevertheless this feature needs a rework, it's planned since a long time but it's postponed again and again because of all requested features.... ;) One day for sure it will be improved...

But let me know if you think that there is something really wrong with it.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Craggy

Post by Craggy »

Hi, thanks for the response.

I had a quick play just, and the problem is definately avoidable by adding more waypoints. The problem occoured while having a track doubling back on itself, but with only a few way points. Liek this:

In this scenareo, point 2 would pretty much never trigger.

Doing the same track, but adding a few more nodes in between makes it work fine.

Was just my laziness for making a crude track!

Post by Guest »

well that didnt work...

.................*2
...*1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes I think that was the source of the problem.
It can also be the case when the track makes a u-turn or something similar...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !