The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Rotate the map using GPS

Something wrong? Report it here
rac

[closed] Rotate the map using GPS

Post by rac »

Hi,

In this version of AQ 1.4.5 , the option "Rotate the map (using GPS)" seems to be buggy ...

First I turn on "Localization" and wait for a fix then I start recording my track. I start moving and locations are drawn on the map view but the map don't rotate in accordance with my moving direction. Also, the "current" location point on the map don't have the nice blue arrow.

This behavior don't happen all the time and during all the track. Sometimes its working ok, but if I make a pause and restart recording, the "Rotate" behavior could start not function again.

I have a Samsung Tab2 - P3110 with JB 4.1.1.

Thanks
Rac
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Rotate the map using GPS

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay of my answer.
The "GPS orientation" is computed by Android along with the locations, AlpineQuest uses this orientation value to display the direction arrow and rotate the map in accordance if required.
I have never found the computation to be wrong or missing, but as you are apparently reporting, in some cases it fails...
The only fix that could be done would be to manually compute the orientation based on the last 2 GPS locations. In theory it's OK but maybe lot of tweaks are needed to get a stable and nice direction... If it's happen a lot I'll consider to do this...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
rac

Re: Rotate the map using GPS

Post by rac »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

This behavior is happening often. Most of the time after restart the recording of the track.
There is no arrow on map view and no rotation of the map accordingly.
Sometimes the bug is "magically" solved :P . I already have seen the arrow reappearing after traveled more than 80 meters ... :o

I hope this help you.
It would be very nice also if it could be confirmed by other users.

Rac