The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Waypoint and location translation

Any question about the app? Ask it here
CRider

[done] Waypoint and location translation

Post by CRider »

Hi,
Currently, there are inconsistent words related with waypoint and location used in the French translation.
Depending on the context :
- a location (of a track) is translated as "coordonnée" (for a displayed track), as position (for the popup of a track location)
- waypoints corresponding to POI are translated to "Coordonnées" (the waypoints "group" in the Explore landmarks) and as positions elsewhere.

There are probably just some mistakes but I'd like to harmonize all these terms with the following proposal :
- location is always translated as "position" (as in the positions of a track). Thus "coordonnée" is no more used.
- a waypoint corresponding to a POI is translated as "point d'intérêt" or simply POI as this acronym is widely used even on French GPS
- a waypoint that is part of a route is translated as "point de passage"
- a picture waypoint is translated as "photo de point d'intérêt"
Let me know what do you think then I can help updating the translation file.
Best regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Waypoint and location translation

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for noticing all that.
What I tried to do is using 'coordonnées' for 'coordinates' and 'positions' for 'waypoints' but I could have missed some and this choice is maybe not the best one...
I had to remove the open access to the translate pages on the website due to spamming, but I have just created you an account so you can log in (link at the page bottom) and modify the texts. Feel free to make the changes I trust you...
The page is here: http://www.alpinequest.net/translate/fr, you should have received your login by email.
Let me know if you have any issue.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
I've just done the changes.
Best regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks a lot! all changes will be available in the next version.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !