The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] MultiWindow Cascade Icon On Galaxy Note 10.1

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[done] MultiWindow Cascade Icon On Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by Yemble »

This is more an Android issue than AQ...

On the Note 10.1 running JB 4.1.2, AQ in full screen mode has a window cascade icon displayed in the lower right hand corner of the map. Unfortunately, this icon obscures AQ's useful "-" button in both screen orientations.

Not all Apps feature this icon which makes me wonder if it can disabled on a per-app basis? Either that, or AQ is advertising itself as multi-window capable (and it does work in a window). If it is possible to control the visibility and/or the position of this icon from within AQ, or via a config setting, then that would be ideal.

Not a show stopper, rather a slight irritation. BTW, AQ looks fantastic on a 10.1" screen :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: MultiWindow Cascade Icon On Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for the feedback.
AlpineQuest should support multi-windows (it was requested by an user), but it hasn't be extensively tested. I have no idea right now how to control this icon (I wasn't even aware of it), but since I'm not sure about the real interest of AlpineQuest being multi-windowed I could disable it so it should remove this icon... What do you think?
Also, on this topic, users are talking about the existing ability of moving the cascade icon somewhere else, but I don't know if it's only with or also without the mod.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

I think that there are a few options here...

1. Disable multi-window, although I don't favour this, especially if another user requested it.
2. Move the cascade icon to the top right corner which is not currently used in AQ (if possible)
3. Allow the map zoom buttons to be re-located to top right
4. Nudge the zoom buttons up slightly to avoid being overlapped by the cascade icon, just on the Galaxy Note (this would be my preferred solution)
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Screenshot attached showing the cascade icon...
Attachments
IMG_2013062522464.jpg
(145.77 KiB) Downloaded 6089 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi and thanks a lot for the screenshot.
I'll see what I can do, and will try to add option 4...
I find however a bit strange and un-friendly that Samsung is adding an overlay icon without letting the user the choice to remove it.
By the way does the mutliwindow feature working fine with AlpineQuest?
Best regards
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

I did try to find a way to reposition the cascade icon. Apparently it is possible, but requires a rather complicated mod which I was not prepared to apply to the stock firmware on my brand new Note 10.1. But yes, I agree that it would be nice to be able to drag and drop it to a different location on a per app basis.

AQ works perfectly when windowed and I am sure that my wife will use this feature, to display AQ alongside OsmAnd+ on the Note, as an alternative to MemoryMap and MapPoint on our Windows laptop. She is my backup to TomTom when I am driving :lol:

Incidentally, when windowed, there is no icon overlayed onto the map, since the maximise icon is on the window header.

I intend to get GPRS Internet on the Note via a WiFi tether from my Galaxy S3 running TomTom, so that AQ can download tiles as and when...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
I have added an user setting allowing to move the zoom buttons upward. I haven't added it to the common settings since it doesn't need to be changed often and doesn't concern all users.
To move the buttons, add the following line the '/alpinequest/user_settings.conf' file (or create it if needed):

Code: Select all

map.buttons.offset_y=36
You can change the offset value (unit is 'dip', device independent pixel)
Please let me know if you have any issue.
Best regards
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Excellent, that tweak works perfectly on the Note with a 100 y pixel offset.

Is there an equivalent x offset tweak as well?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

No no just an y offset. I didn't found any reason to add an x one, but I can easily add it if needed...
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

AlpineQuest wrote:No no just an y offset. I didn't found any reason to add an x one, but I can easily add it if needed...
No, it's OK, I couldn't think of a use either, I was just curious ;)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [done] MultiWindow Cascade Icon On Galaxy Note 10.1

OK perfect