The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Route Planning - Editing

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[closed] Route Planning - Editing

Post by Yemble »

I like the precision of the route creation process of AQ, but it is flawed by the current lack of editing options. For example, when creating a route on a map, you are typically zoomed pretty far in. This means that you don't necessarily see the bigger picture and it is quite easy to start adding waypoints along the wrong track. Unfortunately, because there is no means of removing recently added waypoints in the route creation process, you have to remove the entire route and start over again if you make an error. This is rather tedious and unnecessary.

So, during route creation there should be a means of moving, inserting and deleting waypoints. There should also be a means of editing previously saved routes.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Route Planning - Editing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes, you're absolutely right, the route planning tool needs to be refreshed.
I'm currently working on a nice new feature and the route creator is next. I'll keep you updated.

Until then, here is what I do when I add a wrong waypoint: I keep on creating the route as if this point were not there, I save the route, I browse it and I remove the point (click on it on the map to get its number before). But I know it can be much better than that...

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Apoligies for being cheeky, but can we look forward to a rewrite of the route planning / editing features in the next release?

For me, this is the "weakest" part of an otherwise solid and comprehensive application.

At the very least, this needs to go onto the suggested features list... ;)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes it's planned to be the main feature of the next release (unless I have to make a quick bug fix of the current version).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Whilst it is on my mind, I have another request for the route editing re-write...

When a route is displayed on the map, there is no quick way to tell AQ to follow it. I know that it can be done via the menus, but it is an unnecessarily complex process. I would like to be able to click on the route line (or any waypoint) and have options for "Route Following", "Route Preceding" and "Cancel". Either of the first two option should target the nearest waypoint to the current GPS location on the route and to track normally from then on. Maybe the existing "Auto Select" option could be added to the Waypoint Details dialog to implement this feature for the route?

Also, as I am always being asked by my kids, "How far have we come?" and "How much is left to go?", I would like to see an optional status box, on the map, showing these two distances, when following a route (Memory-Map has something similar).

Cheers :-)