The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] manual altitude correction

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Melmayo

[done] manual altitude correction

Post by Melmayo »

Hi, i m trying to use this app,which is the best i ve tryed, with an external gps receiver. It works fine but the altitude needs to be corrected, nmea correction, and there s no chance to do this manually..hope you can do something about it. Thanks a lot!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: manual altitude correction

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
If you are talking about the WGS84 elevation correction, it's actually done by AlpineQuest itself. All elevations from internal/external GPS are corrected.
Here is the explanation of this feature in AlpineQuest.
Let me know if you are talking about something different.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Hello,
yes, I did not explain very well, sorry..I'm using now an external bluetooth gps receiver cause on my device the gps does not work so well, and i got the bluetooth connection using apps like "bluetooth gps mouse" that already applies the nmea altitude correction, so, when the signal goes to alpinequest, the result is an altitude that has been corrected twice, and is about 48 mt lower..I don't know if I did explain correctly. Thanks for the help and for the continuos improvement to your app
Melmayo

Post by Melmayo »

Hello,
I'm sorry, I didn't explain very well..my problem is that I'm now using an external bluetooth gps receiver, as my gps device is quite bad, and I got the bluetooth gps connection using apps like "bluetooth gps mouse" that already apply the nmea altitude correction. The result is that when altitude data go to alpinequest, they are corrected twice and altitude is always about 48 mt lower than real. Thanks for the help you can give me and for the continuous improvements to your great app!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hum ok, I see.
What I can do is to remove the altitude correction when using the 'Passive' source mode, however it's quite risky because it stands that all applications providing passive locations will already correct them. I hope it's the case.
I'll make some research, and maybe add a setting for that. I'll let you know and try to do something for the next version.
Best regards

Post by Guest »

You are right, but i hope you can do something as well, maybe with some kind of button that enable or disable the automatic altitude correction if possible when using passive source. Thanks for all, anyway! I found Italy IGM maps, we cant even found them here in Italy: great job in alpinequest!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
AlpineQuest 1.4.0 has been released and Passive locations are no more elevation-corrected.
Best regards