The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Time control slider behaviour

Something wrong? Report it here
CRider

[fixed] Time control slider behaviour

Post by CRider »

Hi,
It's strange that the time control slider cannot be slided. I can only tap at different places which limits the usefulness of this feature. The dynamic profile view works great regarding this aspect. The only thing I like in the time control slider, compared with the dynamic profile view, is that it takes less space on the screen.
Thanks.
Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Time control slider behaviour

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You should be able to slide it just like the dynamic profile.
In addition of using less space on the screen than the dynamic profile, the tome controller allows to compare few tracks at the same time, like the same path done at different times, or a same path done by different persons.
I'll have a closer look at your issue (I have checked on my device and it works great).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
Just to let you know that I have this issue with all sliders (eg map layer transparency).
I'm almost sure that sliders work in previous versions of AlpineQuest.
By the way, I'm wondering whether you use custom UI controls. Having made some Windows programming, the standard / basic UI controls are fully managed by the framework. So I'm a bit surprised by such strange issue (and like the other one in another post where you need to allocate more space for characters to be displayed correctly). Maybe Android is really special...
Thanks.
Best regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes I do use custom UI controls like menus and submenus, however when possible I use the system framework and controls, which is the case for the Preferences window and the sliders...
I think that the main problem of Android is that it changes very fast, with each new version (I started with 3, current is 17), new controls are added, some are removed, and I have to struggle to make AlpineQuest still working with older versions... Moreover all these versions behave differently, the preferences issue is a good example: it's a completely standard settings window, which has been working fine for all versions, except for 4.2 which truncates all titles end. Since it's a standard window, I can't change anything on it, the only thing I could do is to add trailing spaces, a very bad fix!
The good point is that using an Android emulator, I usually reproduce all reported issues, which allows me to find fixes (except for this weird screen shade! :x ).
I'll let you know for this slider bug...
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I've recently updated my Galaxy S3 from Android 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.
This may help you.
Thanks.
Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok thanks.
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
I still have the issue with 1.4.0.
Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes sorry about that I couldn't fine time to work on it for this version...
But I don't forget it!
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
The new opacity slider found in 1.4.2 for each displayed map could have been very handy.
However, like for all sliders, I cannot slide the control. For this control, tapping on the bar is not enabled. This makes it useless for me. Hopefully, the conventional opacity slider is still available from the menu.
Can you please fix this issue.
Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
I'm sorry that this issue is still not fixed, and happens even with the new seeker.
I thought that by using a custom one it would work fine, but apparently that's not the case.
I'll put all effort to fix it for the next update.
Really sorry for the disagreement.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
I have worked on this issue and I have made some changes that could hopefully fix it.
I have released a beta version, and it would be very nice if you could test it and let me know.
The new version is available here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/download
Best regards
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
Yes, your changes have fixed the "old" opacity slider. Thanks.
The new opacity slider found in 1.4.2 for each layer/displayed map still does not work. Maybe you haven't applied the changes for it yet.
I've also noticed that after I changed the opacity with the old slider, the position of the new slider is not updated. I need to tap on the base map to update it.
Regards
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

FYI, all of the sliders work perfectly in AQ 1.4.2 (and also previous versions) on my Galaxy S3. However, I am running CyanogenMod 10.1, based on JellyBean 4.2.2.
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi,
Yemble wrote:FYI, all of the sliders work perfectly in AQ 1.4.2 (and also previous versions) on my Galaxy S3. However, I am running CyanogenMod 10.1, based on JellyBean 4.2.2.
Thanks for the information. However, I'm still on the official Android 4.1.2 on my GS3 LTE and I'm not yet very keen on switching to custom ROMs.
By the way, I'm wondering whether you have the vertical shade issue on you GS3 running on CyanogenMod 10.1 ?
(http://forum.psyberia.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1244).
This has been confirmed by AqmS2 on his GS2.
Regards.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

CRider wrote:Hi,
Yemble wrote:FYI, all of the sliders work perfectly in AQ 1.4.2 (and also previous versions) on my Galaxy S3. However, I am running CyanogenMod 10.1, based on JellyBean 4.2.2.
Thanks for the information. However, I'm still on the official Android 4.1.2 on my GS3 LTE and I'm not yet very keen on switching to custom ROMs.
By the way, I'm wondering whether you have the vertical shade issue on you GS3 running on CyanogenMod 10.1 ?
(http://forum.psyberia.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1244).
This has been confirmed by AqmS2 on his GS2.
Regards.
Nope, I have not noticed any odd shading on the maps. I do tend to stick exclusively to the OS-GB maps and these all display perfectly at all zoom and scale levels, both landscape and portrait.