The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Routes and Tracks

Any question about the app? Ask it here
redroofs

[closed] Routes and Tracks

Post by redroofs »

Currently looking at coming across to AlpineQuest from MM Tracker.

That product allows you to load in routes and up to n of your most recent tracks when starting up the programming.

I find this functionality extremely useful.

Any chance of it being implemented?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Routes and Tracks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in AlpineQuest.
What do you mean by starting up the programming?
With AlpineQuest, you can display all the routes and tracks you want on the map, however you have to manually display and remove them. If you place them all in a GPX file, you can display them all together. Note that you can also change their display colour.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
redroofs

Post by redroofs »

Sorry! I meant programme!

I wish to use an external routine to create gpx track files.

It would then be good to be able to see these tracks (ie the 'n' latest ones) when I restart AQ. I would still like to be able to manually add any other tracks if so required.

Adding and removing routes seems like a bit of a fad. MMTracker allows you to store them in a specific directory and then show all in this directory when the routine is re-started.

From MMTracker documentation

'When MM Tracker is started, all GPX track files in the defined track directory can be loaded and displayed automatically. This behaviour can be selected with the option "Settings -> Directories -> Load Tracks on Startup". If this option is not selected, MM Tracker will not load any track at startup. You can then load single tracks manually by using the Overlay Manager'

'All routes which are in the routes directory will be loaded by MM Tracker at startup and are displayed. You can easily distinguish these from tracks, as routes have circles drawn on their routepoints.'
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Right now it's a bit different in AlpineQuest, however I think that you can manage to handle your tracks in a similar way.
This behaviour is unfortunately not about to change right now, there is so much things planned before. However the ability to load all the content of a directory is interesting and I'll have a close look at it (but it won't be automated at startup).
Here are various existing features in AlpineQuest that can help you:
- You can create folders to store your GPX track files by programme, using AlpineQuest our your PC;
- You can load all the content of a GPX file in one click (which include all tracks, routes and waypoints);
- If you copy/paste your GPX tracks directly inside a folder to convert them in the AlpineQuest track format, you can display all tracks of a folder in one click;
- All displayed items are persistent after a restart;
- You can remove all displayed items in one click.
I understand that when you're used to do things in a way, it's sometimes quite hard to switch and you can find anything different much harder or unclear, however it usually became quite quickly fine again.
I'll let you know concerning the folder loading feature.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !