The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] new version ?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
DRLexpress

[closed] new version ?

Post by DRLexpress »

Upgraded from free to pay version a few weeks ago. Like what I have figured out so far. A couple of days ago I tried to get on and it keep saying "... not with the free version". Tried the same thing the next day and it worked fine, still is. Was I supposed to delete the free version before downloading the pay version.

Also, your website says when you come out with a new version I can upgrade. How do I do that? Please, in simple terms that a old fart that's not good with computers can understand. :?

Doug
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: new version ?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application,

The paid version is a separate application, so you can remove the free one to be sure that you don't use it anymore.

For the update, if you have auto-update activated for all apps in the Google Play Store, then you've nothing to do.
Otherwise open the Play Store apps, open the "My apps" section, and click on the application name. You should then see an "Update" button instead of the regular "Open" button if a new version is available.

Hope it helps,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
DRLexpress

Post by DRLexpress »

Thanks for getting back. In the "My Apps" section I only have one AlpineQuest and it says (lite). Do I still not have the paid version loaded? I thought I did because before I paid I could not turn on tracking or save maps for offline and now I can. What do I do now? BTW I bought it off your website not Google Play if that makes a difference.

Doug
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I bought it off your website not Google Play if that makes a difference
Yes that's the important part!
So you must keep the Lite (free) version up to date on the Play Store as explained above to get all updates.

You must also be sure that this Lite version is activated as explained here so you get ll features: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/buy
After each updates, the application will automatically check your activation key, so be sure to start the application just after each updates when you still have a data access to the Internet.

I guess that you need to activate your version now since you have limited features.

Let me know if something isn't clear.
DRLexpress

Post by DRLexpress »

Thanks
Just to make sure I understand. I am still using the lite version but activating it has removed the limits on the features. No problems leaving it that way? Everything seems to be working, at least what I figured how to use.

Doug
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes exactly, the activation turns a free version in a full-like version.
DRLexpress

Post by DRLexpress »

Thanks