The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Accidentally deleted my track

Any question about the app? Ask it here
theflyingmammoth

[closed] Accidentally deleted my track

Post by theflyingmammoth »

I deleted a track named "Track 1" and it deleted both "Track 1" and my most recent ski mountaineering track. Is there a way to recover these files?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Accidentally deleted my track

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

Unless you have a cloud backup application configured, if you have deleted (and confirmed the deletion) a track you cannot recover it.
Sorry about that.

But you seem to say that the application deleted two tracks instead of one. Could you give more details about that.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
theflyingmammoth

Post by theflyingmammoth »

Hey Psyberia-Support, that is correct. There was a single track that when selected displayed two different titles - one being "Red Mountain" the other being "Track 1" segment. I don't know where the "track one" came from so I went into the files and deleted it . . . that ended up deleting both tracks.

The confusion started when ending the recording of my track. The new 'Save and Stop' process is cumbersome and confusing. I never know what happens to the track after stopping and naming the track. And then when I start recording a new track it often continues recording from my precious track - but not all the time. Very confusing. I suppose I should read up on the updates, but on the other hand the process is not intuitive.

Thank you for your support.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I can only invite you to have a look at the online help page on the track recorder which is very complete: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/tracker.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !