The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Move to menu function

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Rob

Move to menu function

Post by Rob »

It would be great to have a menu function to allow the user to ("Move to"):
1. move a waypoint to a new or different .ldk file;
2. move a track segment to a new of different .trk file
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Move to menu function

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You can do all that using the "Copy (or cut)/Paste" function.
In the "Landmarks explorer" ("landmarks menu" -> "Explore landmarks"), long press you waypoint or segment and select "Copy". Then paste it where you want.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Thanks, I understand the copy/Paste function for waypoints, but would be less cumbersome to have a move to function. Furthermore, I cant copy and past a track segment. For example, I have a track with two different segments - I want to move one of the segments to its own track file. Just a suggestion for future development
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I understand, and yes it would be faster or easier using a move to function but it would require to much of work (ie create a new folder/tracks/etc. chooser) for something you can already do, and usually don't to too often.
The copy/paste also allows you to copy multiple items.
What you can do to put a segment in a new track is to copy/paste the track in the same folder so it will duplicate it. Then remove segments you don't want in both tracks. You can use multi-select to remove multiple segments at the same time.
Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !