The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Not being able to import landmarks in OfflineMaps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Charles W.

Not being able to import landmarks in OfflineMaps

Post by Charles W. »

I started using OfflineMaps recently (free version so far), but I haven't been able to import landmarks stored in the devive internal memory, both kml and gpx files.
I followed the instructions avaliable in the help section (http://offline-maps.net/en/help/landmar ... export-gen), but after selecting the correct folder I get the "this folder is empty" message. Just for testing purposes, I tried the same procedure on AlpineQuest and both the kml and gpx files are displayed, but the app does not allow importing since i'm using the free version.
So my question is: is the fact that OfflineMaps is not even displaying the files a bug or something like that, or are the files not being displayed because I'm using the free version?
I'm sorry if this is a somewhat stupid question, but I really couldn't figure out from the app description in Play Store or from the app site, and got further confused after seeing the files displayed in AlpineQuest. By the way, OfflineMaps is great and I really don't mind buying the the paid version, if the importing option is a paid version only feature, I just wanna know for sure before doing so.

Thanks in advance.
Charles W.

Re: Not being able to import landmarks in OfflineMaps

Post by Charles W. »

Just found out (http://www.alpinequest.net/compare) importing from GPX and KML files is a paid version feature, so I suppose that's the reason why the files aren't even displayed. Nevermind then.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Not being able to import landmarks in OfflineMaps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes you're right, importing files is the only feature available only in the "+" version.
You can however export your items in the GPX format.
Sorry about that
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !