The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Problem fetching and displaying out of bounds tiles in zoom level 0

Something wrong? Report it here
DaveM

[closed] Problem fetching and displaying out of bounds tiles in zoom level 0

Post by DaveM »

As I was starting to write my second post of the night about possible problems with AQ I realized that I should say that AQ is by far the best app I have found for displaying maps. The app is small fast and runs well on older phones.
On to the problem. If you zoom out to z=0 AQ will try to fetch tiles with illegal x and y values, and if the tile server returns a tile AQ will display it. I have included a screen shot (pic1) where the tiles are simply a border with the z,x,y values printed. There are tile fetched with x values 0 and 1 and y values -3 to 3 instead of just 0,0. Also, once these illegal tiles are stored locally, they will be displayed above, below and to the right of other zoom levels (pic2). I realize that zoom level 0 is all but worthless and most maps don't even have z=0 enabled. I would not have even found this if I wasn't looking in to the problem in my previous post, but I figured I would bring it to your attention in case it could lead you to improving efficiency elsewhere.
Attachments
pic1.png
(21.99 KiB) Downloaded 1164 times
pic2.png
(47.56 KiB) Downloaded 1164 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Problem fetching and displaying out of bounds tiles in zoom level 0

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for this feedback.
I guess you're using a custom made map.
For most built-in maps (at least those using the OSM/Google compatible levels), the application won't download tiles outside of the map outline (ie with negative x or y).
If you're using a custom made map, you can specify a "tiles-bounds" for a give map level to limit the download inside of this bounds. For z=0, you can do something like (as only tile 0/0/0 is valid):

Code: Select all

<tiles-bounds>0,0,0,0</tiles-bounds>
Let me know if you need more details.

Also, if you're "playing" with custom maps, the user setting "maps.debug=true" may help you as it will display all tiles bounds and coordinates and logs all requested URLs.

Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !