The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Bug zooming out with volume buttons or the +/- buttons

Something wrong? Report it here
DaveM

[fixed] Bug zooming out with volume buttons or the +/- buttons

Post by DaveM »

There is a problem using the volume buttons or the +/- buttons to zoom out (decrease z). If the map is being displayed at the minimum zoom level for the bottom map layer (see pic1) and you press the volume down button or the - button, all displayed maps will disappear. The only map left is the base map.(see pic2) After this, if you hit the volume up button or + button three times, the lowest level map that does not have layer set to true will be displayed again but none of the other layers are redisplayed.(see pic3) It seems as if the volume down or - buttons should do nothing if you are already displaying the minimum zoom for the bottom layer. This would be consistent with the action taken by pinch to zoom or the slider if you are already at minimum zoom.
Attachments
pic1.png
Displayed at minimum zoom for Juicy Trail Topo
(171.6 KiB) Downloaded 2864 times
pic2.png
After pressing volume down
(111.94 KiB) Downloaded 2864 times
pic3.png
After pressing Volume up 3 times
(80.42 KiB) Downloaded 2864 times
Yemble

Re: Bug zooming out with volume buttons or the +/- buttons

Post by Yemble »

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour. The overlay map(s) get dropped from the Displayed Maps list.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in this application and feedback,

I can also confirm this behavior, however this is currently the expected one.
In fact, and as you noted, the zoom buttons and slider don't behave the same.

While the zoom slider will only zoom "inside" the current maps, the zoom buttons are also intended to switch to another map when you go outside of the supported zoom of the current map. I agree this is not very useful for on-demand (online) maps which usually covers a large range of zoom, but this is very important for file-based maps covering only a fixed area or zoom. The zoom buttons allows to switch to another map that best fits the new zoom value, and when going back to the base world map, all other available maps are displayed so you can quickly move over another one and zoom in again:
device.jpg
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 2832 times
Note that a map switch will only select one single map, all the layers (if any) are dropped.

Tip: before switching to another map when you press a zoom button, a preview of the new map is displayed at the center of the screen along with its name. You can release the zoom button outside of the button area to cancel the switch.

What I can do: If you're interested, I can add an user setting to disable the map switch when using zoom buttons and have the same behavior than the zoom slider.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Alexander Ryabinin

Post by Alexander Ryabinin »

Hi and thanks for nice program. Please add an user setting to disable map switching with +/- button. This is really annoying behaviour when you have some offline maps for the same region with differrent max and min zoom.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

As to me map switching with +/- button is a very good option. Please do not remove it but add a user setting option in addition if it is necesssary.
Thanks.
P.S.
In case you do it please let me know (you know why).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've added an user setting to disable this behavior in version 2.0.8:

Code: Select all

​maps.features.offlinemaps.zoom_buttons_autoload=0
Alexander Ryabinin

Post by Alexander Ryabinin »

Hello.
Thanks, but my maps switches all the same when I press "-"(minus) button. I'm using mbtiles offline format. Is there any way to disable maps switching forever with +/- buttons? When I need, I can select map manually.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi Alexander,
This is the normal behavior, another map is selected because the current one doesn't cover the new zoom value.
If you pressed "-", then you can press "+" back so the previous map is selected again.

If you wan to completely disable this behavior, please have a look at my previous post about the "user setting".
As explained in the help page, you need to create a text file and add the line given above in it and it will disable this feature.

Best regards