The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] OpenStreetMaps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Faith35

[closed] OpenStreetMaps

Post by Faith35 »

Still new to this app and trying to figure out some issues: When I select any map from OpenStreetMaps, the tiles show Queuing, then Connecting, then Network Error, and nothing ever loads. The details say that the source is http://openmapsurfer.uni-hd.de/, and that url does not respond in a web browser. Is this an outdated map source? Is there a replacement?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: OpenStreetMaps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in this application.
It seems you're using an old version since the default map URL has been updated quite a long time ago. The default map now comes from http://korona.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/.
Here are your options:
- If you're using an old version, update the app to the last one (currently 2.x);
- Update the maps: at the end of the list, click on "Add more maps". In the new list, select "OpenStreetMap maps" (if you're using an old 1.x version, you need to restart the application after that).
Let me know if you need more help
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Faith35

Post by Faith35 »

I'm using the version currently being sold by the Amazon app store, which appears to be version 1.21. Has Amazon not been updated to the latest version?

I did try removing OpenStreetMaps and re-adding it from the list of more maps in case there was an update to the server, but I didn't restart the app afterwards. Now that I have restarted the app it has the new server under Details, and it loads some of the tiles, but it's erratic - a lot of tiles are still missing with "Network Error".
Faith35

Post by Faith35 »

The OpenStreetMap tiles seem to be loading fine today, so the problem with "Network Error" yesterday seems to have been temporary.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the update.
This default map is extensively used and sometimes fails. Feel free to switch to another map like "Mapnik" (also available in the OSM maps list) which is much more reliable.
Sorry for the problems
Best regards
ds47uk

Post by ds47uk »

Slightly off-topic but relevant.....

I've just done an "Add more maps" and it tells me that three new maps have been added, but it does not say what they are. I've searched through the list and don't recognise anything new - I've looked in the log file and cannot find any reference to new additions. What I have found is that MapQuest Open has started working again after it died in July, so......

is there any way of knowing which (other) maps have been added?!

regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay.
No sorry there is no way to know this information, the application just compare the total number of maps in the old and new list versions.
But don't hesitate to ask me when you see this.
FYI the last maps added were the "Norway Finn Kart" maps.
Best regards