The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] How to re-center on current location?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Faith35

[closed] How to re-center on current location?

Post by Faith35 »

New user, so sorry if this question has been asked and answered before.

I must be dense or something, because I can't figure out how to make the make the map re-center on my current location after panning it. Any hints?
Yemble

Re: How to re-center on current location?

Post by Yemble »

Just tap on the Positioning icon (the fourth one). When you have panned away from the GPS location, this icon includes a little padlock. When you are locked on the GPS position, the padlock disappears.

There is also an Automatic GPS Relock option within Settings which will re-lock the map position automatically ten seconds after panning away.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks Yemble for this (perfect) answer!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Faith35

Post by Faith35 »

Thanks! The issue seems to be that tapping on the Positioning icon to re-center is only an option if the Position information box is currently displayed on the map.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
It's only an option is the GPS is turned on (the Positioning icon is green). Otherwise your current location is not known and there is no location to re-center on. But when the GPS is on, you have a separate option to display or not the position info box.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Faith35

Post by Faith35 »

I see what you mean. When the Position Information box is not being displayed, the GPS is not turned on. That's why it takes a second for the icon to turn green when the box is first displayed.