The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Saving recorded tracks problem

Something wrong? Report it here
pinkyperk

[fixed] Saving recorded tracks problem

Post by pinkyperk »

I welcome the improvements with AQ2 but I have been having problems with saving tracks. I have a Samsung Note 3, Android 5 which I have used as my AQ phone for maps, tracks etc for over a year. As an example, I recorded a track yesterday when out walking. I stopped and saved the track giving it a specific name. I then reloaded the track and in the menu chose export to gpx. The app confirmed that track exported to android/data/psyberia.alpinequest.full/files/landmarks/exported landmarks.
20160516_080110.jpg
(148.84 KiB) Downloaded 2193 times
But within the AQ Landmark file system under Local Landmarks, there are 5 folders including Exported landmarks. In the list it shows 0 folder - 6 files, but when selected it says this place is empty.
20160516_080039.jpg
(126.27 KiB) Downloaded 2193 times
20160516_080051.jpg
(120.6 KiB) Downloaded 2193 times
I then connect my phone to my laptop and look at this file (which is not shown in Exported Landmarks) with a view to copying to my computer. The file is labelled as track_20160515_132805_2016.05 and is not a gpx file and doesn't have the name I have given it. I have tried exporting again using one of the other formats e.g. kml and curiously when I try to look at these files on my laptop I can only see one file - the same one labelled even though I have exported several times. If I look at the files using a file manager on my phone I can see the different files exported and they are labelled as track_20160515_132805_2016 (2).05 and track_20160515_132805_2016 3) .05 etc, but they are not designated as a gpx, or kmx or kml file. In the folder Recorded tracks the track is labelled as track_20160515_132805_2016.05.15_grayrigg_to_tebay. The latter part of this name is the specific name I have given this track.

This is not an isolated problem. When I was away on a walking trip very recently I recorded tracks successfully everyday, but when I got home and tried to retrieve these tracks after naming and exporting each of them, unfortunately, no meaningful data was available. I have attached some pictures showing the folders. Thank you for your help with this.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Saving recorded tracks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your report.
You've indeed found a bad bug occurring when you use dots (".") characters in your track name.
I'll release a corrected version by tonight as this is a quite important problem.

Until then, you can rename your track(s) to remove the dots, note that the date is automatically added to the exported files names anyway.
You can also rename the files you've already exported, and just add ".gpx" at the end (the exported files are correct, only the names are wrong, they omit the file extension when there is a dot within the name...).

Sorry about this problem.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Thanks for your prompt response. I have now checked and able to rename file to become gpx. I always add the date of the walk as this is often different from the date when the track is saved.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Of course, you're free to do what you want! :)
Just note that the time stamp added in the file is (now) the start time and date of the track.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] Saving recorded tracks problem

Version 2.0.1b has been released to fix this problem.
pinkyperk

Re: [fixed] Saving recorded tracks problem

Post by pinkyperk »

Now working fine and great to have time stamp based on the start date of the track. Thanks a lot