The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Direction for displayed track or making completed

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Blaze Falconburger

[closed] Direction for displayed track or making completed

Post by Blaze Falconburger »

I tried to use AQ to follow a route today, but ran into a problem where the inbound track shared some of the outbound track and in one place there was the route passed the same section before then turning a different way. I was using the follow track but it struggled and often just jumped to the nearest point which wasn't necessarily on the correct loop. Some suggestions to make following repeated loops easier to follow :

1) option for displaying chevrons or arrows on the route
2) as the route gets successfully followed maybe change the display type to breadcrumbs or fade it to make it more transparent. This would allow the remaining loop to be more obvious

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Direction for displayed track or making completed

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback (sorry for the delay).
The "follow path" feature should be able to correctly follow you path even if this one crosses itself at some point. However if this happens near a bound (start or end), it might be a problem. I'll check this.
Concerning your suggestions:
1) You can do this (only on tracks, even drawn by yourself, but not on route), display a track on the map, click on it and on its name, select "Edit details" and change the "Style".
2) This is an interesting idea. I'll have a look if this is possible to add this, but I like that!
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Blaze Falconburger

Thanks for the reply. I can't see how to change the style... Under edit details I have source, comment, url, description, type and colour - but nothing to change the style. Am I missing something here?
Blaze Falconburger

I figured it - I was using a GPX and didn't import it - now the option is visible! Is there any chance for more styles? Although the arrows are a good start, I don't find them easy to see as they are small, white (not line coloured) and are spaced quite far apart.

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes true you've to import the track before changing the style (GPX doesn't support styling).
As you've said, it's a start, the design can be improved.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !