The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Digital Elevation Map support.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
xsherlock

[done] Digital Elevation Map support.

Post by xsherlock »

I just purchased the full version as it definitely looks your product has the best potential of all android Maps.

I see some elevation support is planned i would go further and support DEM terrain data, to be stored on device just like normal maps.
There are freely available accurate sources like SRTM and ASTER that can be downloaded and stored on device and the files are not big in size.

This would allow you to pull at will the elevation of targets on the map, display the climb/descent in m to target and also maybe display a fancy elevation profile for the planned hike.

Also calibration of the barometric altimeters would be a brisk.

Keep up the good work.
Regards
Maciej
xsherlock

Re: Digital Elevation Map support.

Post by xsherlock »

how to subscribe to to the topic on that forum?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
Yes we plan to add this support, we're currently working on it. Once users will be available to store elevation data locally, then yes a lot of new features will be available, including on the ones you listed. This is very exiting!
I can't give you a precise availability date right now, it should be in few updates.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I have enabled the forum subscription. Use the link at the top left of a discussion. Sorry about that.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !