The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] AQ on Tablets

Any question about the app? Ask it here
makauro

[closed] AQ on Tablets

Post by makauro »

When i go boating, i click on the icon with the mountain. Seriously, i been trying lots of aps for simple marine navigation and found AQ the best. What i miss however is a practical cockpit. I was reading that there might be some changes to the cockpit soon. So i like express my view of a cockpit.

I use mobile and tablet. So it would be nice to be able to use the extra space on the tablet. Perfect would be the option to so part of the map on the left and the compass with its navigational information on the right.

Another thing is the option to show more or other information while navigating. I think this has been mentioned in the forum before. Distance to next Waypoint, Distance to the end, Time to waipoint/End and so on. But most importantly.... Please lets use BIGER letters. I use a Tablet on the boat and have to Compass screen on. On the left there are a few information to Direction, Bearing and Distance. The only problem is, that i cant read it on the tablet. Firstly, the Boat is rocking and hammering along and even when i stop, i need to get my reading glasses out to read that :-)

Mike
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AQ on Tablets

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback (sorry for the delay).
You point of view is very interesting and all features you talk about make sense. As you've read, we plan to refresh the whole interface for the next major update, and what we plan to do completely matches your description.
Right now, the application doesn't take advantage of larger screens, that will be the main goal of this update. We also plan to add floating panels over the map view, like the compass. And for sure a nice configurable "navigation" panel (that you name cockpit) which is terribly missing right now.
I can't give you a release date right now, we still need few updates to prepare this next major one, but it will take place within few months.
Thanks again,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
whuzez

Post by whuzez »

I just posted in my review on the play store that I thought the UI needed a refresh so I'm glad to hear it's getting it.

One thing I'd like to see is if when you have dropped into a menu that clicking on the map closes the menu rather than having to use the back key. or press the same menu icon. Just seems more intuitive and more in line with how other apps work.

While I haven't done it, I also plan to tether my Nexus 7 to my phone to supply the data connection for AQ on my tablet.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll try to make the menu hidden when clicking on the map, you're right that it should be like that.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !