The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Photo GPS Waypoints

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Grace

[closed] Photo GPS Waypoints

Post by Grace »

Hi, I thought your app would do what I want, but after messing with it for a few hours, I think it can't:-( The instructions for waypoints/gps and photo waypoints are a bit weak for me. But glad you have this forum for my questions...

Question 1. Are WAYPOINTS and LANDMARKS the same thing? If so, you should refer to them as one or the other. IF they are different, please explain.

Question 2. Can I create a set of LIVE waypoints by using my current GPS location?

Question 3. Can I create a set of LIVE waypoints , let say I name the set "Kudzu locations on trail" , then at each location, I want to be able to create a LIVE GPS location WITH a Picture, in other words, a "Picture Waypoint" in my "SET of waypoints"...? Sort of like mapquest would use a "hotel" as a catagory, then sub waypoints are the individual hotels, so, if I want to turn off the "hotel" set of waypoints I can (but in my case it might be a type of tree or beetle sighting... )

SO far, it looks like I can only create a GPS location live waypoint by doing the picture waypoint. There doesn't seem to be a way to save it to my "SET of WAYPOINTS" that I just named "Kudzu locations on Trail"

I hope that makes sense...

I just want to be able to save a waypont to a set with a photo and gps location "on the fly" live. Not pre click locations on the map.
I also want to be able to add waypoints to a set.

If not, the app is useless to me since editing capabilities are too limiting. Thanks , Grace
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Photo GPS Waypoints

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and welcome, don't hesitate to ask all your questions here, this forum is made for that.
I think it's possible to do what you want, but here are your answers:
1) In AlpineQuest, a "waypoint" is a particular kind of "landmark". Landmarks is a general designation for various items that users can add over the map, like waypoints, but also routes, tracks, areas, etc. Also, a picture waypoint is nothing more than a simple waypoint with an attached picture. You can add pictures to existing waypoints (long press a waypoint, select details, and click on the camera icon in the bottom menu), or remove existing pictures.
2) & 3) You can add live waypoints to sets. The important thing to understand (which is not clear in the current versions) is that created landmarks are saved in the current landmark explorer place. So to create your live waypoints into a set, you need to first browse that set in the landmarks explorer:
- Open the landmark explorer;
- Locate an existing set (or create one), long press on it and select 'browse content'.
- Exit the landmarks explorer by clicking the 'close' menu button (it's important to not use the return one to stay in the current set).
Then any created waypoints will be stored in that set.
Also, from the GPS panel, exported waypoints and picture waypoints will be saved in this set.
You can check the displayed save path in the 'Create landmarks' list.
I'll improve the online help and add a page about that with screen-shots as soon as possible.
Let me know if something isn't clear.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
LLL

Post by LLL »

But what about adding a picture waypoint to the "current" track.

I see how the Browse can set a location of saved waypoints to a browsed location, but if I'm on a hike, I can't browse to the current track as the Location tracker lets me save a track when it is stopped. I just want to have any created picture waypoints added to the current track.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Right now you can take a picture and add it as a waypoint in the current recorded track (use the 'Picture' button), but you cannot link an existing picture. You have to do it after recording and exporting the track.
I'll see what's possible to do about that.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !