The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] barometer elevations

Something wrong? Report it here
caldirun

[closed] barometer elevations

Post by caldirun »

I am using the barometer function on my Runbo X5 phone but if I go to map view the barometer turns off.
If I set a known elevation even though I have selected imperial distance and metric elevations the elevation is converted from ft to mts, if I set 312 it is changed to 95.
I know the barometer is beta, this is just to help you get it right
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: barometer elevations

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

Yes you're right, the elevation must be entered in feet even if the app distance unit is hybrid (with m elevations). This will be corrected in the next update, sorry about that.

Concerning the fact that the barometer function is turned off when exiting the barometer window is normal. Right now, displayed elevations on the map only uses the GPS, so it's useless to have the pressure sensor running in the background.
The main use of the barometer is done within the GPS Location tracker, which one will (if set) also record barometric values and produce more precise elevations statistics. Be sure to check 'Barometric elevations' in the Location Tracker settings. Let me know if you need help.

Thanks again and best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !