The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Open with.. & elevation

Any question about the app? Ask it here
milan.dencic

[closed] Open with.. & elevation

Post by milan.dencic »

Hello. I'm quite impressed with your application.
What is missing from my point of view?

It will be nice to have elevation when we create waypoint, tracks and routes?
And to have elevation on screen as we have coordinates.

Is it possible to have "Dynamic profile" for routes as we have for tracks?

It will be nice if we have possibility "Open with.." for tracks and routes as we have for waypoints.

I try to export track in GPX file but after that it is not possible to open this GPX file with android goole earth. Google earth for android can open only KML file not GPX file or I do not not how.

Best regards,
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Open with.. & elevation

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
There are plans to automatically fill elevation values when creating landmarks, but requires quite some work so it takes time, but it will definitively be available one day. After that, the elevation of any points will be displayed along with the coordinates.
Right now, elevation is displayed only when it is known (lock on the GPS, over a saved waypoint with elevation, etc).

Concerning the dynamic profile for routes, it hasn't been made available since routes usually don't have elevations values, but it will be added for the next update, ok.

Unfortunately there is no way to open a complete route or track with another application. There is a common way to do it for locations (as it is now), but nothing is available for more complicated landmarks like tracks. What you can only do is select any location of a track, and then you'll have the 'Open with' option available.

Finally, it's also planed to be able to export any landmarks in the KML format. However, if you're recording a track with the Location Tracker, you can already export your track in the KML format.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !