The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] offline maps saving and contrast

Any question about the app? Ask it here
richwilm

[done] offline maps saving and contrast

Post by richwilm »

Would it be possible to give an option to save the selected area to the max zoom level as the slider only goes so far? At present it only goes down a limited number of levels and I can't save enough detail.
It would also help to be able to alter the contrast as most open-source maps have washed out colors.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: offline maps saving and contrast

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Actually you can store all the levels, you just have a limited number of data volume at each download time.
When the download slider goes red, it means that you have to reduce the area size if you want to keep all the levels.

If you really wan to increase the amount of data you can download at a time, you can use the user setting "maps.features.areadownloader.max_queue_size" (see here), but it's not recommended.

Concerning the contrast of displayed maps, I'll have a look if I can do something.

Best regards

Edit:
I have added the ability of modifying contrast and saturation for the next version.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
MagneticProf

Post by MagneticProf »

I am a regular user of Alpine Quest and find it excellent. The latest version (1.4.13) is said to have the ability to adjust map contrast and saturation. How do I do this?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes you're right, it's available as of version 1.4.13.
I have just update the online help about this feature, have a look: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps/contrast
Best regards
MagneticProf

Re: [done] offline maps saving and contrast

Post by MagneticProf »

Thank you. The feature works well and improves the impact of some maps considerably.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback.
richwilm

Post by richwilm »

Great work on the contrast option. Once I found how to do it the visibility is much improved.
I have also tested the increased map storage option and now can save what I need thanks.
One option that would be very useful would be the ability to update all saved or cached tiles at the press of a button. Is this feasible? :D
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Yes this is feasible, but it would rather be part of the store area tool, like an 'update if already stored' option (right now it's 'ignore if already stored').
Updating all stored data may update everything (cache is invalidated after 1M) which is not possible for storages of few GB...

Post by Guest »

OK I understand. I assume that the option to update already saved or only download what has not been downloaded already would go in the settings options? It's a pity the simple update option can't work for the bigger downloads.
On the same subject of map storing would it be useful to be able to adjust the zoom level from both ends of the red/green bar indicator? Some areas need detail but it is difficult to select a large area. One way of doing this is to lock the selected area and then zoom in on the map to select the largest zoom level on the map to be stored - the tile bar would then show if you are green down to the highest zoom available. Any thoughts?
MagneticProf

Post by MagneticProf »

Now that you have added the excellent map contrast and saturation adjustment feature would it be possible to have their settings stored via the 'favourite set' option so that they can be returned to without having to set them again? Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Guest wrote:On the same subject of map storing would it be useful to be able to adjust the zoom level from both ends of the red/green bar indicator?
If you look at the number of tiles required by small scale levels you'll see that it's just few of them (just move the zoom selected and check the total number of tiles required), but maybe being able to remove few intermediate levels would be good, you're right. I'll have a look at that.
MagneticProf wrote:would it be possible to have their settings stored via the 'favourite set' option
As explained in the online help, that's already the case. Just be sure to save your set after changing the contrast.