The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Lost ability to display baro. altitude in tracks

Something wrong? Report it here
DaveLively

[closed] Lost ability to display baro. altitude in tracks

Post by DaveLively »

After I upgraded to 1.4.7 I can no longer display barometric altitude in the chart for tracks. This worked in the previous version although the chart was a little noisy. Geoid altitude is still available. Hardware is a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Lost ability to display barometric altitude in tracks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Have you tried to change the axis of the charts? display the chart in full screen, click on an Y axis (left or right) and select 'Barometric elevation'.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
DaveLively

Post by DaveLively »

I did try that. Barometric elevation is no longer an option.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Another option is that your current track doesn't contain barometric data. Did you exported it as a GPX file? (GPX files doesn't support that). If you recorded it with AlpineQuest, is the barometer still activated?
Also, have you checked to display a previous track for which you have displayed barometric elevations with previous versions to check if it's a regression?
Finally, is it possible for you to send me one of your tracks by email so I can have a look. It would be much easy for me to investigate and locate a bug if I have a file (I checked on my files and it works).
Sorry for all that
DaveLively

Post by DaveLively »

I forgot that the barometer settings for localization and location tracking are not linked. After the upgrade I did not turn it back on for location tracking. Everything is back to normal now, thank you for the quick response.

I pretty certain the barometer was turned off for location tracking as part of the upgrade. That setting is a few layers down in the menu system so it would have been very difficult to accidentally change and I would not have wanted to change it intentionally.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok perfect if it's now fine.
I'll make a review of that part to see if I can find something that could have made the reset during the update. Thanks for letting me know.
Best regards