The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] GPS Offline Tracking

Any question about the app? Ask it here
janmkaminski

[closed] GPS Offline Tracking

Post by janmkaminski »

I'm looking for a way for my family to track me where there is no service and I am offline locating with stored areas. In other words, I'll be in an area where there will be no data or voice service, but I would like someone to be aware of my location. Can Alpine Quest run in the background reporting real time whereabouts to others? Can it be done where they are also in a "dead" area? Are there any other apps that have that capability? I'm also looking to track my developmentally disabled daughter in the easiest manner possible. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: GPS Offline Tracking

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
If you have no service there is no way for your device to communicate anything (so it applies your location) to someone else.
If you need this kind of service, you will need a dedicated device using a satellite connexion, you won't be able to do this with a smartphone.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
janmkaminski

Post by janmkaminski »

Thanks......I like your app so much, I was hoping you could work miracles. Can it download my route and then send it out once I have service? I've also tried other "friends tracking" apps and they are not close to your accuracy. Can I track online friends with Alpine Quest?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

No sorry there is no such feature in AlpineQuest.
The only close feature would be to regularly and manually add online waypoints (works even when being offline, waypoints are pushed once connected). Any friends could then see your waypoints from their application. It's actually the same thing, but you have to manually records the location.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !