The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Phone notifications/ beeps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pinkyperk

[closed] Phone notifications/ beeps

Post by pinkyperk »

Hello. I have noticed that when using AQ and stop moving for a while that my device emits regular beeps (notification type beep similar to when receiving email or text). I am not sure the purpose of this, but it would be good if this could be turned off as it can be quite annoying and I have managed this so far by turning the notification volume down, but would prefer an option for turning on or off. Thanks . Still using AQ for all my walking and great to see recent new features.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Phone notifications/ beeps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
AlpineQuest only emits beeps when the GPS signal is lost while tracking your path (using the Location Tracker). It means that the GPS reception has been lost and the application failed to record some locations. Usually it happens when going indoor while using the GPS Location Tracker.

You can deactivate this feature in the Location Tracker settings, as explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... ignal_warn.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Hi and thanks for explaining the notification beeps. These do seem to occur quite often when I am outside and I am surprised if GPS lost, but at least I know I can turn off which is really helpful. Looking at the settings for the location tracker has made me aware of some other changes I can make as well, so that is very useful. Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok thanks for the feedback
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !