The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Map changes automatically when zooming in too far

Something wrong? Report it here
Squiddygump

[closed] Map changes automatically when zooming in too far

Post by Squiddygump »

Hello! I'm using a samsung galaxy s3 and maps I made in mobac with the full version of the app.

I noticed something weird recently. If I have several maps in the same folder on the phone, load one of them, and then zoom in closer than the map has levels, the current map gets automatically closed and the first map in the folder gets loaded instead. This only seems to happen if the current map doesn't have the most detailed levels available.

For example: I have a map of Spain with levels 1-10, a map of Andalucia 8-14, and a map of Barcelona 10-14. If I load the Spain map and zoom in over Barcelona until I get to level 11, the map will disappear from view and the Andalucia map (that shows a completely different area) is opened instead, leaving me looking at a white screen. I'm guessing this might be a bug?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map changes automatically when zooming in too far

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your support.

It's actually not a bug but a feature (right, it's just a matter of word since the behavior is weird in this case :? ).
When multiple maps are in the same folder, AlpineQuest will automatically load a new map if the current one reach it's levels limit and another one is more appropriate for the same area.

You can preview if a new map will be loaded: when pressing a zoom button, if a new map will be loaded then it's name and icon is displayed over the map in a small dialog. You can release the screen out of the zoom button to cancel the loading of the new map.

You seem to say that the newly loaded map doesn't cover the same area; this is the weird part.
Each map has a outline, which is used to choose another map. By using the "-" button and out-zooming until the default world map, you will display all outlines of the maps in your folder (displayed over the default map). You'll be able to see if the outline of the Andalucia map is not overlapping the location you where displaying. In this case it could be an issue related to the outline of the map.

Anyway I'll check that part of the application to check if I can reproduce a similar problem.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !