The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] AQ 1.4.5 Feedback

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[closed] AQ 1.4.5 Feedback

Post by Yemble »

Another great release of AQ, stuff relevant to me...

1. The Area Downloader improvements are welcome, especially the auto retry for failed tiles. I've verified that this works with a couple of large downloads. I'll have to take your word about performance increases, but I've got no reason to doubt it.

2. The new functionality of the cross hair is a great start (you've already got my ideas for extending this) and very useful for me. However, I would question why there is no Remove Target option on the menu.

3. The icon picker enhancements make sense, but I still find the built-in icons rather bland compared to those in some other mapping apps. Could do with an overhaul IMHO.

4. Remove All confirmation prompt... at last, I don't need to be nervous around that option ;)

5. Folder Picker in Create Landmark dialog. Useful feature, but the logic is not quite right. The picker dialog is missing a Select button... it has Create Folder, Parent Folder, Help and Cancel... but no Select Folder.

6. Alternative Coordinates view - nice to see an OS grid ref. alongside the GPS coords.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AQ 1.4.5 Feedback

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

Concerning point 2), I'll improve this menu, I've already added a quick access to a waypoint creation and the "Create Landmark" menu. For the remove target, right now this option is only available in you click on the targeted waypoint/route, would you like to see it there at anytime?

For built-in icons 3), are you talking about the choice or the image quality of icons? I can improve the quality quite easily, but it will increase the application size since there are a lot of icons....

For 4), you're right, just like my answer here! Sorry about the delays....

Last but not least, 5), the folder picker is actually not a folder picker, but more a "browse folders" button. When clicking on this button, it closes the 'Create landmark' menu and open the explorer, allowing you to choose the destination place, and then display again the dialog ("+" button), but positioned on the right place.
I agree that it's a bit different from what we can usually see on PCs, with a "Select folder" option and dialog. The reason is that there is no Android "select folder" dialog like on PCs (each file explorer has its own dialog), so it would require much work to create a new one, whereas the existing explorer is doing the job quite well (I mean you can achieve the same things as easily)... Moreover this would not be just a folder explorer, since the user needs to be able to select GPX files, routes or tracks to create items in them. I hope one day I'll be able to do it, but right now there is so much waiting features more dedicated to maps and hiking than I don't want to plan this one...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !