The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] route planning

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pinkyperk

[closed] route planning

Post by pinkyperk »

I am having trouble with the new feature and seem unable to move a way point in a route created in Landmarks. After saving route and selecting waypoint I get options - Move to, Target, Open with, Details, Edit Color, Edit details, delete. The move to option doesnt actually move the waypoint, and I cannot see any other option for doing so. Please could you help.
I have certainly been looking forward to route planning features, and it would be great, if possible if the ascent, descent in elevation was available for each leg or for the total route. I hope this might be possible in future as then enables calculation of journey time. I use the app a lot and really appreciate all the work that has gone into it. Many thanks. :) :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: route planning

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Actually you can move route points, but it's hard to find. I'm currently updating the online help on this subject, and will also improve next version.
To move a point of a route, you need to:
- Enter the route edit mode (route menu -> Edit points). The last point of the route is selected;
- Click on the point you want to move, and from the menu that appears select the flag icon (edit this location);
- Move the center of the screen to the new location you want;
- Click again on the point and select the flag icon (now it should be an arrow on it).
It's not really straightforward...
Concerning the elevations, I hope it will be available soon, that would be an useful feature for sure...
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Thanks for your very prompt response and now I understand how to use the feature. It works very well and makes editing a route easy. For me this is a great feature as until now I have had to rely on the main laptop for route creation. Now I can do it on the move - and when I am walking I can quickly work out a new route and the distance involved. It will be great when you are able to provide elevation information as well and I look forward to that feature. Perhaps further to that an elevation profile for the route if that is technically feasible. Many thanks once again. :D
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

You're welcome.
I have updated the online help and added a page on this feature: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... eate-route
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !