The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] AQ 1.4.4 Route Planning

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[closed] AQ 1.4.4 Route Planning

Post by Yemble »

The new route planning features are fantastic and easy to use, even on a phone screen.

I have come across a couple of anomalies:

1) There appears to be no "Move Waypoint" icon. I know the same thing can be achieved with an add and a delete, but it would be nice to have a move option as well.

2) I particularly appreciate the shortcut to targeting a route by tapping the route name folowed by Auto Select. However, I have noticed that the Remove Target option is only available from the route dialog when it is accessed via the waypoint that is currently targetted. IMHO, if the route itself has been targetted, then the Remove Target option should be available regardless of which waypoint was tapped to open the route dialog.

I need to give this some more testing, ie. hand it to my wife to break, but my initial impressions are overwhelmingly positive. :P
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AQ 1.4.4 Route Planning

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for this feedback.
1) There appears to be no "Move Waypoint" icon.
Actually there is one but which can be well hidden.
- When creating/editing a waypoints set, the menu that appears when you click on a waypoint of the set always contains the "move" icon (small flag with a green arrow);
- When creating/editing a route, the menu contains the icon only if the waypoint is currently being selected, otherwise the icon is replaced by the "select" icon.
I might change that is the next version, so the move icon is always displayed.
IMHO, if the route itself has been targetted, then the Remove Target option should be available regardless of which waypoint was tapped
I really thought is was the case, but after checking it appeared that it wasn't... You're right the remove target option should be there as soon as the route is clicked. I'll correct that. Thanks
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

The move icon certainly is well hidden... it took me ages to actually find it! I think that speaks volumes about how restrictive the current implementation is.

Come on... I know you can do much better than this (no offence intended) ;)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes I know :(
I'll improve that in the next version....
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !