The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Feedback and feature suggestion

Any question about the app? Ask it here
scott21

[closed] Feedback and feature suggestion

Post by scott21 »

Hi

I'm a Knowledge student and ex MMTracker user.

The only real negative I have, since the last upgrade added alphabetical ordering of points, is using zoom to move between my different scale a-z maps. I find that using the volume keys to zoom in works fine but I have to zoom too far out before the scale changes and it's a pretty slow process my Nexus 10 with 6000 or so waypoints displayed.

I would very much like to see a search for landmarks as an alternative to scrolling down a long list in a future version. If you did decide to implement such a feature my preferred search methodology would be for an any part of string search dynamically reducing the waypoint list.

Another very useful feature (for me at least) would be a link to take me to the same location on Google Street View.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Feedback and feature suggestion

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
I must admit I don't really get the link between the alphabetical ordering of landmarks and the move between map scales. Note that the alphabetical ordering is optional, so you just have to disable it to get back to how it was in the previous versions. Here is a detailed help page about the ordering.

Concerning the landmarks filtering it's a very good idea. Now I remember that we've already talked about it, I have added this feature to the wanted list. The next version is coming in the following days and the next one has already a very long selected features list, but I'll try to do my best to work on that.

For the Street View feature, I think it can be done quite easily. I'll have a look at that and let you know.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
scott21

Post by scott21 »

Thanks for your response.

To clarify there was no link between alphabetical ordering of landmarks. The lack of alphabetic ordering was previously my main criticism.

Zooming out remains a minor issue which I work around by using the map explorer.

Cheers
Neil
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ah ok sorry. I read again your post and realized that I mis-understood what you meant in the first part.

By the way I have released version 1.4.3 and included new options to open locations in external applications like Google Earth.
Select a waypoint displayed on the map (or long press one in the Landmarks Explorer), select "Open with..." and "Google Earth". I would be interested to know if it's working fine for you and if it would be nice to open any locations like that (without using an existing waypoints).

Concerning the zoom out, are you un-zooming to the base world map or just finding that the "zoom step" is too small?

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
scott21

Post by scott21 »

Street view - brilliant!!

Street view from any point on map would be a very nifty feature but you have provided what I needed most.

I am trying to scale or move between "A-Z Greater London - City Centre" and "A-Z Greater London" qct maps. The problem appears to be the time it takes to redraw the map when zooming out. This problem is reduced if I uncheck landmarks labels or don't display landmarks at all.

I have realised that I can quickly press zoom out perhaps 5 times followed by zoom in twice and pinch to get the zoom level I want without waiting for redrawing but the results are unpredictable depending on what level of zoom I am starting from.

Thx Neil