The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] AQ 1.4.2 Feedback - Displayed Landmark Improvements

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[done] AQ 1.4.2 Feedback - Displayed Landmark Improvements

Post by Yemble »

First off, many thanks for a truly brilliant release. If it was not already, then AQ is now, without doubt, THE best APP on Android, bar none!

The dynamic ordering by distance of waypoints makes such a huge improvement to the usefulness of the Displayed Waypoints panel and it appears to work flawlessly... and the list is truly dynamic as the map is moved around, which was a pleasant surprise. Also, I find the ability to show / hide landmarks via a checkbox really useful, especially when reviewing a number of walking routes.

If I had one small quibble, then it would be about the necessity for the intermediate "Open URL" dialog. I would prefer to two options (Browse/Display) to be on the previous dialog, so that the tap count could be reduced by one. I realise that the previous dialog is a little busy already, but maybe the Sort options could be in a sub-dialog instead, since they are likely to be accessed less often.

I notice that the zoom out bug has been fixed too - fantastic :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AQ 1.4.2 Feedback - Displayed Landmark Improvements

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again and thanks a lot for your feedback.

Yes I have still to improve this context menu, I'll try to move the sort items to the category menu (like in the landmarks explorer)....

Concerning the "Open URL" , I promised a 2 clicks display, so I added an user setting to force any choice of the 2nd context menu (browse content or display content).
You just have to put the attached file in the AlpineQuest folder. You can manually change the setting if you want (right now it's '2'):
0 = default, ask the user (display the 2d context menu)
1 = use context menu choice 1 (browse content)
2 = use context menu choice 2 (display content).

Let me know if it's working fine.
Best regards
Attachments
user_settings.conf
(63 Bytes) Downloaded 593 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Perfect... it works a treat :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !