The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Some strange terms

Any question about the app? Ask it here

[fixed] Some strange terms

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I find some terms used in the app a bit strange :

- in the profile editor / viewer, the second option of the X axis is Date. It should be Time (Temps in French). NB : This text is not in the translation file.

- the time between the recording of two points is named rate (taux in French). It should be period (periode in French). This can be fixed through the translation file. However there is a / before this period value in the localisation panel e.g. /2s . This looks like 1/2s = 0.5s for me.
So it would be great if this / is removed.

Thanks.
Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Some strange terms

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks again for this translation issues.

Concerning the "Date" axis, another field was used ('core_details_line_metadata_date'), which is actually a bit different, you're absolutely right. I have created a new one for the axis ('landmarks_details_graphics_axis_distance_time'), and I have updated the online translation file.

For the location rate, I am currently changing the GPS settings, so I will integrate your remark in the new version.

Here are other changes I have made in the translation file:
- I have renamed 'Orientation' in 'Boussole', I think it's more clear regarding the feature.
- I have renamed 'Rotation de la carte' in 'Orienter la carte', which is shorter and also used in the orientation.

I plan to release the next version for this weekend (so beginning of the next week on the market).
Thanks again
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
CRider

Post by CRider »

Cool, thanks.
Your name changes make sense also.

PS: I'm the author of this post but I've taken too much time and I've been logged out meanwhile :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again.
I have released the version 1.3.9.
I have included all your modifications. I have also removed the '/' and used the 'Période' term.
Thanks again for your feedback,
Best regards
CRider

Post by CRider »

Hi again,
Thanks for this new release.
The distance parameter for tracking looks great.
Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks!