The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Export Chart Data?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
gstullo

Export Chart Data?

Post by gstullo »

Does anyone know how to export the charts of elevation/speed or the data from those charts so that they may be recreated? I know that this can be done with Google's My Tracks but that app breaks traces down into "parts" which I really do not like not to mention that AQ is a far superior app and I want to be able to use it solely. In the end, I wish to be able to show the map with the chart right under it. I've seen this display on some people's blogs but do not know what apps they used...

Any help appreciated.

GST
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Export Chart Data?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in AlpineQuest.
The ability to export only the graph as an image would be a nice feature. I will add it on the next version.
Concerning the data itself, AlpineQuest actually uses the GPX format to read and store the tracks data. This format is text based (precisely, it's xml based). A lot of applications and webservices use this format, so you may find something to convert it to a Excel readable format. To plot charts, I also use http://www.visugpx.com, where you can upload GPX files.
If you don't find any suitable tool, let me know, so I will have a look at the excel export.
I'll also have a look at the ability to directly post on facebook, but I'm sure it's will be easy.
Concerning the map and chart display, you can do it with AlpineQuest: display a track on the map, click on it, and select "Dynamic profile". You will get something like the following image.
Let me know if you have any other question,
Best regards

Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !