The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] 1.3.1 Maps explorer?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
divil

[closed] 1.3.1 Maps explorer?

Post by divil »

Have loaded the new update and all seems great....problem is when I try and access the SD card from 'jump to place' nothing seems to happen...just hangs there....any ideas...have restarted app and also the tablet?.....also what is the recursive scan tick box for?

Many thanks
Paul
UK
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: 1.3.1 Maps explorer?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for this report,
The recursive scan tick will scan the maps from the selected folder but also all the subfolders (ie all maps on the SD card or all maps in the AlpineQuest maps folder).
If you check it but have a big amount of file on your SD card, it may hang the application you're right, however I have optimized the scan and shouldn't take more than few seconds.

Have you tried the Landmarks Explorer too? Does it hangs too?
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
divil

Post by divil »

Hi....I decided to delete the old Alpinequest folder from my SD card and re-install....my arnova had been acting funny when trying to do 'media update' and had gone a bit slow....had to delete AlpineQuest folder from PC...at the moment it's up 50,000 files...and 900meg!...will keep you posted! :lol:

Paul
Last edited by divil on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
divil

Post by divil »

Ok...all deleted and card back in Arnova...media library update now all fine and V1.3.1 can now see my memory map folder and all other SD card folders. :D

Cheers

Paul
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
That was a huge cache folder...
What is strange is that AlpineQuest (should) create a .nomedia file in the cache directory to avoid scanners to go in this folder (like the Music app). I also check for this file in the new explorer. But maybe Arnova doesn't use it...

From android dev documentation:
Hiding your files from the Media Scanner
Include an empty file named .nomedia in your external files directory (note the dot prefix in the filename). This will prevent Android's media scanner from reading your media files and including them in apps like Gallery or Music.
I have also improved the 1.3.1 scan mode, it now displays the currently scanned folder (scan is done in background so there is no more hangs).

Thanks for your feedback,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !