The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] FC during zoom

Something wrong? Report it here

[fixed] FC during zoom

Post by . »

Zoom out to default world map and then zoom in again to my maps 'force close' the application. Bug appears only with canvas size Big.
Could you please add an option to prevent to zoom out to the default world map?
Many thanks

Stéphane
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: FC during zoom

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
First thanks for using AlpineQuest and posting your feelings here.
The big map size mode is very memory consuming and should be used carefully. It requires a lot of images to be loaded in memory and can lead to memory crashes on some devices. That's why it isn't activated by default.
Looking at your crash description (when loading a map, only in big size mode), you seem to encounter an Out Of Memory crash.
I could add an option like you describe, but:
1. this would only "hide" the problem, instead of correcting it;
2. maybe the application wouldn't crash anymore at this particular moment, but the available memory would be close to zero anyway, and it would crash at some moment latter (when changing the zoom level or sliding the map).

What I can do is to make effort on trying to reduce the required memory in order to make the big size map mode more usable.
To avoid the crash, I recommend you to use the normal size map mode or use the map level indicator under the zoom slider to avoid returning to the default map when you are on the last level of a map.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !